Construction of solar farm in Japan
Tokyo, 24 May 2017 – Equis Energy (Equis), Asia‐Pacific’s largest renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), has selected Bouygues Energies & Services (a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction) and Toho Electrical (Toho) to build a 13.7 MW solar project in Noheji, Aomori Prefecture, Japan. Bouygues Energies & Services and Toho will provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services for the project, which began construction in April 2017.
In Japan, Equis owns 40 projects comprising 0.9 GW and has a further 1.3 GW under development. At its regional headquarters in Tokyo and local offices in Shichinohe, Kasama and Fukushima, Equis employs over 60 professionals experienced in development, design, project management and investment.
Adam Ballin, Equis Board Director, said, “Equis believes there are tremendous opportunities for growth in the Japanese solar market and we look forward to continuing to expand our partnership with Bouygues Energies & Services across both Japan and the Asia region. As one of the leading providers of solar energy in Japan, Equis is extremely well‐placed to continue to assist the government in meeting its renewable generation targets to 2030 and beyond.”
Xavier Perdereau, Business Development Director of Bouygues Energies & Services and CEO of Bouygues Energies & Services Japan, said, “We are proud of this new success and mark of confidence from Equis’ team. Bouygues’ ambition is to be a key player in the renewable market as EPC Contractor. This first reference in Japan represents for Bouygues an important achievement, as the dynamic of renewable energy makes Japan a world‐class leader, where we will bring our engineering and capability to manage turn‐key projects thanks to our strong partnership with TOHO Electrical.”
Equis has also partnered with Bouygues Energies & Services to build four other photovoltaic facilities in Thailand and the Philippines. In the Philippines, Bouygues Energies & Services built Southeast Asia’s largest solar project, with generation capacity of 132.5 MW. The project supplies approximately 167,526 homes with 188,500 MWh of renewable energy. In Thailand, Bouygues Energies & Services built three solar projects that were commissioned during the first six months of 2014, delivering over 31 MW of generation capacity.
The Noheji project is expected to start operating in November 2017 and will generate approximately 14,800 MWh per year, providing clean, safe electricity to 2,800 households, saves 8,155 tons of CO2 as well as 13.9 million liters of water.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds