Hydrogen: the energy of tomorrow?
On March 3rd, our Smart Energy Manager, Caroline Mazzoleni, took part in a round table organized in Toulouse (France) on the ENAC (Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile) site by the IESF (Ingénieurs et Scientifiques de France) and the DSNA (Direction des Services de la Navigation Aérienne).
On this occasion, several experts discussed national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
According to Caroline Mazzoleni, hydrogen is becoming an essential energy source thanks to the expansion of solar energy and the fall in prices.
With 100 GW of photovoltaic panels installed in 2018, it is the world's leading source of electricity for new capacities. Technologically the situation is changing fast. Equipment manufacturers (electrolysers, hydrogen fuel cells) are multiplying their production capacities and starting the spiral of falling costs. These two factors, combined with the massification of hydrogen production plants, make it possible to approach competitiveness in the face of fossil fuels.
The following were present: Michel Delpon (Dordogne Deputy and President of the Hydrogen Group at the French National Assembly), 3 representatives of the Occitan region including Bertrand Monthubert (regional councillor), the DSNA and representatives of the companies Bouygues Energies & Services, Safra, Engie, Airbus and Safran.
The debate focused on the challenges of hydrogen mobility and hydrogen in aeronautics, with a presentation of the SEPHER project, currently being carried out by teams from Bouygues Energies & Services associated for the occasion at Powidian and BG21.
What is the SEPHER project?
In order to protect the environment but also to reduce its operating and maintenance costs, the DSNA has launched the SEPHER project (Secours Electrique par Pile à Hydrogène et Energies Renouvelables). Ultimately, this project aims to deploy, on all of DSNA's isolated sites, electricity production solutions based on fuel cells powered by hydrogen produced by renewable energies (mainly photovoltaic solar energy).
This "green" solution would thus replace the oil-fired generators currently in use, which are both polluting and costly in terms of maintenance. Compared to the current configuration, primary energy consumption will be reduced by 57% and greenhouse gas emissions by 39%.
The site of the Sarlat-Canéda (Dordogne, France) radio station has been chosen to host the first demonstrator. New industrial solutions are emerging and point to a rapid replacement of current generating sets by hydrogen systems with equivalent performance.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44