New Lamagistère photovoltaic power plant
Following 6 months of works involving around 80 people, Bouygues Energies & Services and Sun’R inaugurated the Lamagistère PV plant in the presence of Bruno Dousson, mayor of the municipality, and Jean-Michel Baylet, president of the Deux-Rives joint local authority, along with local elected officials and project stakeholders.
Built and financed by Sun’R, in collaboration with Bouygues Energies & Services, the 5MW, 10-hectare plant comprises 17,848 solar panels and will cover the annual electricity consumption of the municipality’s 1,500 households, generating 7.1 million kilowatt hours of power per year.
An environmentally friendly project
The project includes a strong commitment to protecting flora and fauna. We preserved wetlands, and all of the cut wood was recycled into chips and sawdust. This is also something that is financially beneficial for the development of the municipality.
Explains Antoine Nogier, chairman of Sun’R.
The 776 solar tracking systems for the solar panels follow the sun’s path. The plant’s output is estimated at 5MW and electricity generation at 7.1 million kilowatt hours per year, the equivalent of the municipality’s annual consumption.
Cooperation between two players involved in the green energy transition
With Sun’R we pooled our respective capabilities to help the municipality transition to sustainable energy. Project developer Sun’R carried out all of the procedures required for construction: from establishing a landownership partnership with the municipality and securing town planning and connection approvals to maintaining and operating the plant. As part of the construction process, Sun’R relied on us for advice, technical expertise and construction quality.
Our aim is to help optimise the cost of generating PV electricity for our clients while maintaining a very high-quality service. The techniques used on the Lamagistère project are clean, and the low-carbon panels require minimal maintenance.
Says Nicolas Beret, our photovoltaic operations manager in France.
Located in the north-east of the Lamagistère municipality on the site of a former gravel pit that closed down some 20 years ago, the plant represents an investment of €5 million, financed by Sun’R.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- After one year of work, the connected control centre at the heart of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds