Official inauguration of the Gibraltar thermal power plant
On September 12th, our CEO, Olivier-Marie Racine, took part in the official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant in the presence of the chief minister, Fabian Picardo and the energy minister, John Cortes as well as all the parties involved in the project.
As part of the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contract, we delivered a turnkey power plant for Gibraltar Electricity Authority (GEA) by handling the design, construction, maintenance and exploitation of the six 14-cylinder motor-generator units supplied by the partner, MAN - each delivering 14MW of power and each weighing 300 tonnes. Electricity production in Gibraltar was generated by three fuel engines which were over thirty years old, and the engines, which were becoming difficult to maintain, no longer met European standards in terms of pollution and noise.
This latest-generation thermal power plant meets GEA’s specific requirements. Installation of the equipment was carried out on a cramped site near urban areas, without disrupting the operation of the existing electrical power plants. It will allow the client to achieve substantial energy savings by using LNG gas and light fuel oil, thereby guaranteeing energy-sufficiency for the 30,000 inhabitants of the Rock of Gibraltar for the next 30 years while complying with current European pollution standards.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds