Delivery of largest solar farm in South-East Asia
Bouygues Energies & Services, BYME and VSL, all subsidiaries of Bouygues Construction, have delivered the largest solar farm in South-East Asia, with total output of 132 MWp, on Negros Island in the Philippines.
Helios Solar Energy Corporation, a joint venture between local developer Gregorio Araneta Inc (“GAI”) and Soleq, awarded an EPC Contract to the Group in March 2015. Soleq is the solar arm of Asian renewable energy giant Equis Pte Ltd (Equis).
Jean-Christophe Perraud, CEO of Bouygues Energies & Services, said: “Following the construction of three solar farms in Thailand by Bouygues Energies & Services with Bouygues Thai, our customer renewed its confidence in us for a new photovoltaic plant in the Philippines. We are delighted and hope that we will develop more joint projects in the future.”
The turnkey EPC contract includes a commitment on the performance of the facility at the time of handover and during the early years of operation.
Works got under way in May 2015. More than 425,000 panels were installed on a surface of 170 hectares. The plant, which has just been hooked up to the national grid, will generate approximately 190,000 MWh per year, equivalent to the average consumption of almost 170,000 households in the Philippines.
Bouygues Construction will also be responsible for operating and maintaining the plant for a period of four years, with approximately sixty local employees working on site.
Development and local involvement
The Philippine economy is experiencing strong annual growth (between 6 and 7% per year for 3 years) but the country is suffering from a chronic deficiency of energy production. The development of renewable energies is the subject of an ambitious government programme that has made the Philippines one of the most significant Asian markets in this area.
Bouygues Construction, which is keen to develop its Energies & Services activities in Asia, has supported the local economy in carrying out this project. The Group recruited and trained more than 1,500 local employees, some of whom will also be involved in operating and maintaining the solar farm. Bouygues Construction is also taking action to support local communities, improving access to education and combating under-nutrition in neighbouring villages.
Bouygues Energies & Services develops tailor-made and turnkey projects for photovoltaic, thermal, cogeneration and waste-to-energy power generation plants. The Bouygues Construction subsidiary is capable of delivering all aspects of a project, whether it be financial engineering, design and construction or operation and maintenance. It has solid references in the construction and operation of photovoltaic plants in France, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sector
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.
- Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44