Virtus : A modular data centre
In 2010, data centre operator Virtus contracted Bouygues Energies & Services to design and build the company’s first site in the UK at Enfield. An efficient collaboration that created a site fully tailored to the customer’s requirements.
months of design and implementation
m² of data rooms
W/m² of capacity for phase 1
Under the terms of the contract with Virtus, Bouygues Energies & Services:
- Handed over a state-of-the-art TIER 3 data centre
- Completed the project within a short 10-month time-frame
- Designed and built a data centre that allowed flexibility and ensured operational continuity at all times
- Launched phase 1 with a capacity of 1,500W/m² and a Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) close to 1
- Enabled phase 2 works to be completed in an operational data centre with zero downtime
The project was originally conceived as a single-unit building but Bouygues Energies & Services proposed a modular design that enabled a phased handover.
Our latest case studies
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region