Lights on Guérande
The Guérande Light Plan, which began on 1st January 2016, is an ambitious and strategic project for the town. The solutions put in place within the framework of a public-private partnership were designed to meet the aesthetic expectations of a Town of Art and History (French label), while preserving the stones and the environment. The effects were both sustainable and beneficial to local economic dynamism, with eco-friendly systems that are less energy-intensive.
essential sites developed
% reduction in energy consumption
The History of the Town, a journey into the past with state-of-the-art modernity...
Known for its famous salt, the third largest municipality of Loire-Atlantique with 3,000 hectares is home to a magnificent mediaeval town. Already beautiful in daylight, Guérande is now stunning at nightfall thanks to a multimedia network and 700 connected projectors: LED projectors, profile spots and dynamic effects tell its Story through immersive digital scenarios designed exclusively for the town.
Legacy developed and environment preserved - 'check'!
A fairy-like atmosphere that is not created with a magic wand, but with technology devised to use less energy and adapt to the architectural constraints of a very protected site. At the core of the response designed by Bouygues Energies & Services is Citybox, a revolutionary solution developed by the Group's R&D, that avoids adding cables to listed building façades and gives new life to an electrical network that is several decades old. Under the watchful eye of the heritage architect, the old systems have been dismantled and the new equipment designed as urban furniture to fit in harmoniously with the multi-secular stones of the town.
Infinite visual and sound design possibilities
Citybox works as a real digital platform for remote management of public lighting point by point, optimised by coupling several City controllers in order to enhance its capacity to work in total safety throughout the mediaeval city. More than 2,500 IP type information channels irrigate the town and 300 lighting points have been changed, to be able to play with a palette of colours and designs projected on the walls, and even sound!
Lighting up the local economy!
Light means activity... for longer. Inhabitants take pleasure in rediscovering their town and tourists are more keen to stroll through its streets. More people over a longer time period means the local economy is stimulated with shops remaining open later. To be an increasingly attractive town was a strategic challenge incorporated in the proposal made by Bouygues Energies & Services, a real economic partner contributing financial solutions so that this ambition could become a reality in the short term.
A positive client experience founded on trust
Led jointly by the town's teams and Bouygues Energies & Services professionals in a close relationship of collaboration and trust, the work to light up Guérande once again shows the company's capacity to provide a tailored response to demanding specifications, to satisfy the client, create pride and delight young and old!
"Lights over Guérande": find out about the project in the report below.
Our latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services is transforming Dijon and its surrounding metropolitan area into a smart and connected city designed both for and in partnership with the local population.Cities and RegionsWorld
- A 30% reduction in power consumption by 2020Cities and RegionsWorld
- Citybox® is now installed in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, and is helping the city meet its sustainable development objectivesCities and RegionsWorld
Commitment - Urban lighting
24/7 services supervision with recovery time guarantee
Real-time supervision with access to all the operating data via a client portal
A budget with no surprises and energy performance commitments
Reduced noise nuisance and preservation of biodiversity
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- Construction of new maintenance centre at Istres naval air station
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Largest waste-to-energy gasification plant in the United Kingdom
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds
- Largest energy-from-waste plant in Northern Ireland