Solar energy comes to Thailand
In 2013, Bouygues Thai and Bouygues Energies & Services signed a €38-million contract with solar power producer Soleq Solar Thailand to design, build and maintain three solar farms in North-East Thailand.
GWh generated annually
workers involved in the project
Thanks to Bouygues Construction’s presence in Asia spanning several decades, Bouygues Energies & Services has developed broad expertise that responds to local needs.
The solar farms built in the provinces of Tak and Sukhothai are equipped with more than 100,000 solar panels across 60 hectares. They can generate around 45 GWh a year (with peak output of 10 MW for each plant), equivalent to the annual consumption of a Thai town of 90,000 inhabitants.
By fully exploiting the good match between its different areas of expertise, the design and build stages of the solar farms involved up to 450 employees at peak periods. They were handed over at end-2013.
Bouygues Energies & Services will operate and maintain the farms for a period of five years.
Our latest case studies
- In an unprecedented context, we renovated the lighting on the main runway and taxiways. Our teams specialising in airport activity have worked with several companies.Energy
- Piolenc, a town of 5,000 inhabitants located in the France, is home to the largest floating photovoltaic plant in Europe.Energy
- Construction of four solar farms to the north of Bangkok, Thailand.Energy
- Thailand increases its energy capacity by building a solar farm with an output of 12,000 MWhEnergy
- Bouygues Energies & Services, BYME and VSL have handed over the biggest solar farm in South-East Asia to Helios Solar Energy Corporation. This large-scale project with a total output of 132 MWp will contribute to making up some of the chronic shortfall in the Philippines’ power production with renewable energy.Energy
- Japan is now home to the world’s largest solar farmEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region