Solar energy: a must in Thailand
We have delivered its fourth solar power plant in Amata, Thailand, which will generate 12,000 MWh of power per year. The project is in line with the Thai government's commitment to increasing the share of solar energy produced in the country. The aim is to generate 6 GW of solar energy by 2036.
solar panels installed
MWh of energy generated
GW of solar energy to be produced by 2036
Thailand is actively developing its photovoltaic facilities. This new project will help the sunshine-rich country take a further step towards achieving the goal set by its government. Located in Ratchaburi province near Bangkok, the Amata solar power plant supplements Tak and Sukhothai solar parks, projects for which Bouygues Energies & Services also used its expertise.
As part of the implementation of the Amata solar farm, Bouygues Energies & Services:
- Performed the engineering, equipment procurement and construction
- Guaranteed the plant's performance for the initial years of operation
- Will operate and maintain the plant for 5 years, supporting its client PrimeRoad Group via its network of local partners
We installed 25,000 solar panels covering 14 hectares. We already have a solid track record in the construction and operation of photovoltaic power plants in Thailand, Japan and the Philippines, where in 2016 we delivered Southeast Asia’s largest solar farm with a production capacity of 132.3 MW.
Our latest case studies
- In an unprecedented context, we renovated the lighting on the main runway and taxiways. Our teams specialising in airport activity have worked with several companies.Energy
- Piolenc, a town of 5,000 inhabitants located in the France, is home to the largest floating photovoltaic plant in Europe.Energy
- Construction of four solar farms to the north of Bangkok, Thailand.Energy
- Bouygues Energies & Services, BYME and VSL have handed over the biggest solar farm in South-East Asia to Helios Solar Energy Corporation. This large-scale project with a total output of 132 MWp will contribute to making up some of the chronic shortfall in the Philippines’ power production with renewable energy.Energy
- Thailand confirms its shift to green energy with this new contractEnergy
- Japan is now home to the world’s largest solar farmEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region