An “Energy boulevard” in northern Gabon
Bouygues Energies & Services enlisted 200 employees - of which 90% were local and trained as network engineers - to supply the Gabonese Ministry of Energy with a range of turnkey solutions including financing, design, construction of an “energy boulevard” (high and low-voltage networks), rural electrification and street lighting.
km of power lines
workers involved in the project
For the same investment, Bouygues Energies & Services also installed ‘dark fibre’ along the 100km of high-voltage line (dark fibre is essentially optical fibre infrastructure that is not in use).
Thanks to its expertise in digital development, the subsidiary Axione was able to create a digital backbone that will make it possible to connect inhabitants much more quickly and act as a further stimulus to economic development.
Bouygues Energies & Services already has a large footprint in Africa, with three well-established subsidiaries in Congo, Gabon and Ivory Coast, 1,300 employees (only around 10 of which are expatriates) and involvement in technically complex, high-value-added projects in other countries.
Our latest case studies
- Rehabilitation of two 400kV overhead power lines in Rhône valleyEnergy
- Rural electrification project in Mozambique, powering 22,000 new homesEnergy
- 90kV high voltage double-circuit transmission line running between LONGONI and KAWENI delivered in MayotteEnergy
- 150km of electricity networks created to improve access to electricity in rural areas in Mali.Energy
- Two 225kV extra high voltage overhead power lines to be built between Argentière and Serre Ponçon and between Grisolles and PralongEnergy
- Upgrade of Addis Ababa’s power network in Ethiopia.Energy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services and Loxam sign a strategic partnership to speed up to the hydrogen sectorOne of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region