Mayotte archipelago increases its electrical capacity
EDM appointed us to build a 90kV high voltage double-circuit transmission line between LONGONI and KAWENI in Mayotte in response to strong growth in electricity consumption in the region.
km of double-circuit power lines
hours of production
We were involved in the development of the electricity network in Mayotte during the dry season between April and October 2013. The LONGONI-KAWENI project is the first phase of a comprehensive programme to create a high voltage network in the archipelago.
The LONGONI-KAWENI double circuit line works involved:
- installing 8km of double circuit (two circuits supported by each tower)
- building 33 towers
- using 800 cubic metres of concrete
- raising 310 tonnes of towers, of which 250 tonnes using a gin pole
In order to create as few tracks as possible and to minimise their impact on the environment, Bouygues Energies & Services opted to use a Lama-type helicopter. Overall, 250 helicopter hours were required to:
- transport equipment, reinforcements and assembled panels
- pour concrete
As part of the project, the light cables were unwound and 80% of the foundations poured thanks to a helicopter. Furthermore, 80% of the towers were raised using a gin pole. The works involved 50 employees during peak periods and some 30,000 hours of production.
We relied on its strong track record and experience to carry out the works in a short timeframe, since there was less than a year between the order being placed and completion. This large-scale project required full control over the specific environmental and technical conditions, in terms of meeting environmental requirements, dealing with a remote site, using a gin pole for lifting operations and using a helicopter, etc.
We are developing increasingly ambitious overhead power line projects in Africa and Europe. Find out about the Haute Durance project for example.
Our latest case studies
- Rehabilitation of two 400kV overhead power lines in Rhône valleyEnergy
- Rural electrification project in Mozambique, powering 22,000 new homesEnergy
- 150km of electricity networks created to improve access to electricity in rural areas in Mali.Energy
- Two 225kV extra high voltage overhead power lines to be built between Argentière and Serre Ponçon and between Grisolles and PralongEnergy
- Upgrade of Addis Ababa’s power network in Ethiopia.Energy
- The North Gabon interconnected network has been handed over after work spanning 30 monthsEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region