Strategic Rhône valley link gets upgrade
We were involved in upgrading and securing the power supply for the strategic Rhône valley link. Carried out on behalf of Réseau de Transport d'Électricité (RTE), the project covered the construction of two 400kV overhead power lines.
employees during peak periods
km of cable unwound
We were involved in optimising the Rhône valley electricity network as part of a project aimed at reducing the risk of power outages and their impact during weather disasters.
On behalf of its client RTE, we were involved between 2012 and 2017 in renovating and securing the power supply for the strategic Rhône valley link. As part of the project, two 400kV overhead power lines were rehabilitated in the Isère, Drôme and Ardèche departments.
The renovation of the existing lines, which included reinforcing the towers and replacing existing cables, was aimed at boosting their transmission capacity.
Some 60 of our employees worked on the project during peak periods. Completed in 2017, it required 200,000 hours of work.
Health and safety is a priority for Bouygues Energies & Services. Watch a testimonial from Yves FRATTI, director of the Rhône valley project at RTE, who talks about the safety process jointly developed with the client and implemented on the project:
Our latest case studies
- Rural electrification project in Mozambique, powering 22,000 new homesEnergy
- 90kV high voltage double-circuit transmission line running between LONGONI and KAWENI delivered in MayotteEnergy
- 150km of electricity networks created to improve access to electricity in rural areas in Mali.Energy
- Two 225kV extra high voltage overhead power lines to be built between Argentière and Serre Ponçon and between Grisolles and PralongEnergy
- Upgrade of Addis Ababa’s power network in Ethiopia.Energy
- The North Gabon interconnected network has been handed over after work spanning 30 monthsEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region