Extra high voltage network to be renovated in Hautes-Alpes
We are involved in renovating the high voltage electricity network in Haute-Durance in south-eastern France. Led by public utility RTE, this large-scale project will mean that 200km of overhead power lines can be removed from the landscape by 2021.
km of lines buried
transmission towers transported by helicopter
We put our expertise to work on this comprehensive electricity network upgrade programme in Haute-Durance. Two new overhead power lines were built on the mountainside so as to keep them away from homes.
The installation of two 225kV extra high voltage lines between Argentière and Serre Ponçon and between Grisolles and Pralong involved:
- laying foundations for 160 towers
- installing 584 blocks and 1,000 micropiles
- pouring 35,000 cubic metres of concrete
- unwinding 50km of line and 250km of cable
- assembling 466 sections on platforms
Major environmental and local challenges
Since the works were being carried out in a mountainous area, a number of challenges had to be overcome, in terms of site access, weather and the environment. In order to minimise the impact of works on the environment, helicopters were used. For example, 112 towers were transported via helicopter. To preserve the landscape, towers that blended into the local environment were specially selected.
The project has strong local roots, with numerous jobs being created in the region to support it.
Overall, the project involved 250,000 hours of work and 140 people during peak periods. This large-scale programme strengthens our expertise in technically complex projects.
Haute-Durance project in pictures:
Our latest case studies
Quantified commitments guaranteed by contract.
Proposals drafted with complete neutrality towards suppliers and operators.
Obtaining standards and benchmark certifications, measurement and verification plan compliant with IPMVP*.
Figures provided in total transparency, which can be viewed at any time.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- After one year of work, the connected control centre at the heart of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region