Extra high voltage network to be renovated in Hautes-Alpes
We are involved in renovating the high voltage electricity network in Haute-Durance in south-eastern France. Led by public utility RTE, this large-scale project will mean that 200km of overhead power lines can be removed from the landscape by 2021.
km of lines buried
transmission towers transported by helicopter
We put our expertise to work on this comprehensive electricity network upgrade programme in Haute-Durance. Two new overhead power lines were built on the mountainside so as to keep them away from homes.
The installation of two 225kV extra high voltage lines between Argentière and Serre Ponçon and between Grisolles and Pralong involved:
- laying foundations for 160 towers
- installing 584 blocks and 1,000 micropiles
- pouring 35,000 cubic metres of concrete
- unwinding 50km of line and 250km of cable
- assembling 466 sections on platforms
Major environmental and local challenges
Since the works were being carried out in a mountainous area, a number of challenges had to be overcome, in terms of site access, weather and the environment. In order to minimise the impact of works on the environment, helicopters were used. For example, 112 towers were transported via helicopter. To preserve the landscape, towers that blended into the local environment were specially selected.
The project has strong local roots, with numerous jobs being created in the region to support it.
Overall, the project involved 250,000 hours of work and 140 people during peak periods. This large-scale programme strengthens our expertise in technically complex projects.
Haute-Durance project in pictures:
Our latest case studies
- Rehabilitation of two 400kV overhead power lines in Rhône valleyEnergy
- Rural electrification project in Mozambique, powering 22,000 new homesEnergy
- 90kV high voltage double-circuit transmission line running between LONGONI and KAWENI delivered in MayotteEnergy
- 150km of electricity networks created to improve access to electricity in rural areas in Mali.Energy
- Upgrade of Addis Ababa’s power network in Ethiopia.Energy
- The North Gabon interconnected network has been handed over after work spanning 30 monthsEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- One of the largest photovoltaic power plants in France is being built by our teams.Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region